The basic goals of The Lexicon Project are as follows:
- Archive the lexical items from Bo Sing Za Nang, Luce, Naylor (1925) Rundall (1891), and Sarangthem (2010) in Excel format.
- Combine all sources in one large database, each corresponding to a single English entry or a single Sizang entry (some editing of the sources may be required).
- Utilize either my own PHP/MySQL coding or MediaWiki to publish the Sizang lexical database.
- Make the lexical database open-source and open-access to allow speakers of Sizang to add and edit entries.
I am only one man, so if there is anyone (Sizang community or not) who is willing to assist me with these data, please CONTACT ME and I will gladly receive any help you can give. I am especially looking people who are:
- Native Sizang, Tedim, or Zou speakers.
- Knowledgeable in PHP/MySQL, HTML, or MediaWiki (especially in creating Wiki Bots)
- Able to in IPA when necessary.(TODO: Make guide about typing in IPA)
Some older texts include diacritic marks like ā è î ǒ ŭ, and in order to have an accurate transcription, they must be typed correctly.
- Competent with Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice/OpenOffice Calc
- Able to spend a lot of time to make a 2-week deadline from the assignment with no pay.
Tyler “Mang Thian Khual” Davis — Project Co-ordinator/ Transcriptionist/ Proof-reader
- Bo Sing Za Nang
ULun Zomi — Transcriptionist